Despite it being one of my all-time favorite films, I am obliging the wishes of my wonderful Twitter friend @JoshuaLaPorte and having “Steel Magnolias” get the Librarians (and Friends) Live-Tweeting a Movie treatment.
Join us on Saturday, May 9th at 3:00 p.m. Eastern / 8:00 p.m. British Summer Time.
“Steel Magnolias” (1989)
New to “Librarians (and Friends) Live-Tweeting a Movie?” No worries, it’s easy and fun.
1. Have “Steel Magnolias” (1989) queued up and ready to play.
2. Hit “play” at exactly 3:00 p.m. Eastern / 8:00 p.m. BST.
Need help figuring out what time of day that is for you? http://time.is/compare
3. Use hashtag #libshelby (spoiler alert, for the Julia Roberts character) for all “Librarians & Friends Live-Tweeting a Movie” remarks for this specific movie.
4. Keep your Tweets clean, don’t be a jerk, etc, etc, etc.
5. “Bonus points” for enjoying delicious Southern cocktails and cuisine while enjoying the movie. Things like a bleeding armadillo groom’s cake or pork & beans, as per the movie. Or, take your pick of from a variety of recipes from Southern Living.
You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll have some fun down on the Bayou with Librarians (and Friends) Live-Tweeting “Steel Magnolias” on Saturday, May 9th at 3:00 p.m. Eastern.
Questions? Comment below or contact me at @LibrarySherpa.