Join us for the inaugural #InfoProChat on Thursday, October 8th from 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm ET (8:00 pm – 9:00 pm UTC.) What is #InfoProChat? Click here!
Our first Twitter chat is entitled, “Who Wants to Know? Online Privacy and Security for You and Your Library.” We will spend the hour discussing questions like:
- What role should we have in regards to advocacy for privacy and security?
- How do you get involved with these types of initiatives if you’re not a part of your library or workplace’s IT department?
- Do we have a professional responsibility to be tech-savvy? If so, what tech should we know?
- How safe are you with your own online practices and cyber hygiene? Are you a “do as I say, not as I do” kind of professional, or do you really walk the walk?
We will discuss these questions and more on Thursday. Prepare for our Twitter chat by reading articles like these:
- The Importance of Cyber Hygiene in Cyberspace
- Librarians Versus the NSA
- Considering the Librarian Tech Skills Gap
- Virtual Privacy Lab
We are anticipating an active discussion and might not get to all of these questions. Join in and have your (Twitter) voice heard, and we’ll address as many of these topics as we can!